Fusion 360 Addin to Save Display and Parameter States
After downloading the zip file follow the installation instructions here for your particular OS version of Fusion 360
This addin allows you to save and retrieve:
- The display of components in the graphics window
- The values of user defined parameters in the design
Save Display will save the current display state (lightbulb on/off) of all components in the timeline.
Switch Display allows you to select a saved display state from the drop down. The display of components will revert to that previously saved condition.
- New parts added after the state was saved will retain their current state.
- Selecting Current or cancel will revert to the display state of all components when you entered the command.
- Note: When selecting objects in the graphics window to “Hide” it is common that you are actually selecting the body NOT the component. This add-in will only work if you are hiding and showing at the component level.
Save Parameters will save the current value of all user parameters in the design.
Switch Parameters allows you to select a saved set of parameters from the drop down.
- New parameters added after the state was saved will retain their current value.
- Selecting Current or cancel will revert to the value of all parameters when you entered the command.
- Addin only saves the values of User Defined parameters, not all model parameters
Edit Parameters allows you to easily modify the values of all user parameters. See real time feedback on the changes.
Select Parameters or Display States then check the boxes for the states you want to delete.
Note: There is no undo for this action
Written by Patrick Rainsberry
(Autodesk Fusion 360 Business Development)
See more useful Fusion 360 Utilities